Monday 19 September 2011

It's taken me about 15 minutes to work out how to actually post a new blog. I've managed to update my profile and discover that 21 people have read my first blog but it did take a while to find out how to send you more - tiny icons are quite important, one discovers!  Comments would be appreciated, then I know who's reading!













More "firsts" - this time in the shape of the famous 37th Grand Henham Steam Rally this weekend - two days stuffed full of steam engines in all shapes and sizes, vintage cars and motorbikes, stalls for the mechanically minded (tools, tools and more tools.....a day for nerds in the most positive sense - an opportunity to discover just that widget you had been looking for), arts and crafts, Suffolk fudge, strawberries and the famous Wangford pantry which apparently went through 4,000 tea bags in the course of last year's rally.  My job? - to bless the steam engines - as I said to the crowd (of thousands), this did not feature in my theological training - but an opportunity to bless and celebrate the amazing community spirit in this event organised by a small group from some of the tiny villages in my parish. I have added various pix but they don't do justice to the scale of this event.  Nice weather we get in Suffolk!

This was Sunday afternoon, followed by Sunday morning and two morning services, including my first Eucharist in the beautiful church at Blythburgh - wonderful luminous space and again, a very warm welcome from the small congregation.  Each congregation has its own personality, all very different. You could do a good Myers-Briggs on communities as well as on individuals here.

Enjoy the pix - I am enjoying country life! 

1 comment:

  1. Looks fun. Are you now so far east that Sunday afternoon is followed by Sunday morning?

    ReplyDelete