Tuesday 13 September 2011

Another First

I have now told too many people that I would like to start a blog so here goes - my first blog post!  Really wondering who might be interested in reading my random "Sole Thoughts", written from the Sole Bay area of North-East Suffolk where I have been living for less than a month.  It's a way of keeping in touch after so many kind words from people on leaving Luxembourg to work as Team Vicar in the Sole Bay Team of Churches.  At the moment I feel that I am spinning between several planets as I venture into my four new parishes - all completely different but equally full of interesting people.   Beautiful landscapes, huge wheat fields now harvested, broad, blue and very high skies, intriguing notices in front of people's houses - e.g. "Beware - wild guinea pigs!" and ladybirds galore.  Already given up thinking I am getting old (which is nice) as the eldest member of one of the parish councils is 91 - hopefully I will be able to keep pace with some amazingly energetic 80 and 90 year olds. 

1 comment:

  1. Great Joan - keep going and where are the photos? Miss you, Isabel

    ReplyDelete